1st / 2nd Line IT Support Consultant /Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
- Competitive salary dependent on experience,
- Permanent, Full-time
We have an excellent opportunity for a 1st / 2nd Line IT Support Consultant to join an IT Company at their Head Office in Huddersfield. This thriving company offers a variety of IT hardware, software and service contracts to organisations throughout the UK.
As a 1st / 2nd Line IT Support Consultant , you will be involved in the investigation and resolution of customer and internal support requests. In doing this, you will be responsible for providing a high-quality level of service to both internal and external customers alike and be able to identify and solve issues alongside the existing Technical Services team, who themselves specialise in the support & maintenance of our clients.
You must have excellent communication skills and you'll ideally be an all-rounder who is comfortable doing 1st and 2nd Line support.
Role and Responsibilities;
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks
- Help clients to set up systems or resolve issues
- Remotely accessing computer systems to resolve issues or set up user accounts
- Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware or software fault
- Providing support, including procedural documentation and relevant reporting
- Setting up new users' accounts and profiles and dealing with password issues
- Escalate any complex problems to 3rd line, engineers if appropriate
- Managing and prioritising own workloads
- Rapidly establishing a good working relationship with customers and other professionals
- Monitor systems to ensure their smooth running, investigating issues displayed on RMM Platforms
- Ensuring all monitored backups have completed successfully, investigating any issues
- Accurate record keeping of all interaction with clients, updating database records as required
- Maintaining client confidentiality and security at all times
- Ensuring all monitored clients AV stays current and up to date
- Malware and virus removal as required
- All other support duties that are commensurate with the role or at the request of the Management team
Essential Skills and Experience;
- Previous experience in supporting Microsoft Desktop Operating Systems and application software
- Excellent system administration
- Experience with RMM and CRM systems
- Hands-on experience with equipment - laptops, desktop and peripherals
- The ability to work on own initiative and to tight deadlines
Desirable Skills and Experience;
- MTA:- Windows Operating systems Fundamental, Networking Fundamentals, Server Administration Fundamental
- CompTIA:- IT Fundamentals +, A +, Server +
- MCSA:- Desktop Operating system
- Location: Based in Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
- Salary: Competitive salary dependent on experience
- Hours: Full-time
To apply for this role, please apply with an up to date CV detailing how your experience matches the requirement of the role.
Key Appointments UK Ltd will assess your suitability for the role based on the information contained in your CV and application. This includes, skills, experience, education and location.
Unfortunately, we are unable to provide specific feedback to applicants who are not successful. If you are not shortlisted for this role, your CV and personal data will be deleted from our system after 90 days. We would however encourage you to continue to apply for future positions.
Key Appointments UK Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.
- Team Administrator - Sherburn in Elmet £9.00 per hour. Read more...
- Bookkeeper / Accounts Manager - Shipley, Bradford £25k-£30k per annum, dependent on experience. Read more...
- Internal Sales Manager - Batley, West Yorkshire £25,000-£30,000 per annum dependent on experience + bonus. Read more...
- Vetting Administrator - Leeds, West Yorkshire £17,000-£18,000 per annum. Read more...
Receive all our latest news and updates
Latest from the blog
19th March 2019
The real reason you’re losing staff
It’s easy to think employees leave simply because... Read more
13th February 2019
How to conduct a role and skills audit
A role audit helps you understand whether you are... Read more
16th January 2019
How to retain or replace great employees
‘New year, new me,’ often leads to people evaluati... Read more