1st / 2nd Line IT Support Consultant /Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
- Competitive salary dependent on experience,
- Permanent, Full-time
We have an excellent opportunity for a 1st / 2nd Line IT Support Consultant to join an IT Company at their Head Office in Huddersfield. This thriving company offers a variety of IT hardware, software and service contracts to organisations throughout the UK.
As a 1st / 2nd Line IT Support Consultant , you will be involved in the investigation and resolution of customer and internal support requests. In doing this, you will be responsible for providing a high-quality level of service to both internal and external customers alike and be able to identify and solve issues alongside the existing Technical Services team, who themselves specialise in the support & maintenance of our clients.
You must have excellent communication skills and you'll ideally be an all-rounder who is comfortable doing 1st and 2nd Line support.
Role and Responsibilities;
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks
- Help clients to set up systems or resolve issues
- Remotely accessing computer systems to resolve issues or set up user accounts
- Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware or software fault
- Providing support, including procedural documentation and relevant reporting
- Setting up new users' accounts and profiles and dealing with password issues
- Escalate any complex problems to 3rd line, engineers if appropriate
- Managing and prioritising own workloads
- Rapidly establishing a good working relationship with customers and other professionals
- Monitor systems to ensure their smooth running, investigating issues displayed on RMM Platforms
- Ensuring all monitored backups have completed successfully, investigating any issues
- Accurate record keeping of all interaction with clients, updating database records as required
- Maintaining client confidentiality and security at all times
- Ensuring all monitored clients AV stays current and up to date
- Malware and virus removal as required
- All other support duties that are commensurate with the role or at the request of the Management team
Essential Skills and Experience;
- Previous experience in supporting Microsoft Desktop Operating Systems and application software
- Excellent system administration
- Experience with RMM and CRM systems
- Hands-on experience with equipment - laptops, desktop and peripherals
- The ability to work on own initiative and to tight deadlines
Desirable Skills and Experience;
- MTA:- Windows Operating systems Fundamental, Networking Fundamentals, Server Administration Fundamental
- CompTIA:- IT Fundamentals +, A +, Server +
- MCSA:- Desktop Operating system
- Location: Based in Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
- Salary: Competitive salary dependent on experience
- Hours: Full-time
To apply for this role, please apply with an up to date CV detailing how your experience matches the requirement of the role.
Key Appointments UK Ltd will assess your suitability for the role based on the information contained in your CV and application. This includes, skills, experience, education and location.
Unfortunately, we are unable to provide specific feedback to applicants who are not successful. If you are not shortlisted for this role, your CV and personal data will be deleted from our system after 90 days. We would however encourage you to continue to apply for future positions.
Key Appointments UK Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.
- Administrator - Sherburn in Elmet £20,000 per annum + excellent benefits. Read more...
- Trainee Sales & Marketing Executive - Sheffield £18,000 per annum. Read more...
- Recruitment Consultant / Coordinator - West / North Yorkshire £12-£13 per hour. Read more...
- Team Administrator - Sherburn in Elmet £9.00 per hour. Read more...
- Bookkeeper / Accounts Manager - Shipley, Bradford £25k-£30k per annum, dependent on experience. Read more...
Receive all our latest news and updates
Latest from the blog
13th May 2019
Workplace stress and anxiety: what to look out for
In 2017, the prime minister commissioned an indepe... Read more
25th April 2019
Are you making your employees sick?
Absenteeism costs UK businesses millions of pounds... Read more
11th April 2019
How to reward your team
It is a fact that everybody likes to feel apprecia... Read more