Bookkeeper / Accounts Manager /Shipley, Bradford
- £25k-£30k per annum, dependent on experience,
- Permanent, Full-time
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Bookkeeper / Accounts Manager for a growing family run business in the retail sector in Baildon. As the company Bookkeeper you will take full responsibility for the accounts function of the business which includes, sales ledger, purchase ledger, payroll and month end reporting duties using Sage 50.
We are looking for a conscientious and commercially minded individual who will grow with the business and be able to make recommendations arounds systems and processes. Ideally you will be AAT qualified however this is not essential. It is more important for you to have the experience and self-motivation to maintain up to date knowledge of accounts systems and tax changes.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking for career progression who is willing and able to take on responsibility and is happy to be fully accountable for the finance function of the business.
- Salary: £25,000-£30,000 dependent on experience
- Full Time / Permanent – 39 hours per week
- Location: Baildon, West Yorkshire
- Reporting to the Directors of the business in relation to all finance duties
- Maintaining both the purchase and sales ledger
- Managing credit notes and ensuring invoices match up to orders and delivery notes
- Ensuring measures are implementing and followed for credit control
- Reconciling bank and company credit card statements
- Monthly payroll for all members of staff
- Managing PAYE, NI, SSP, SMP, Pension submissions
- Completing, checking and submitting VAT returns
- Ensuring HMRC payments are made on time
- Preparing monthly management accounts and balance sheet reconciliations
- Liaising with external Accountant in relation to year end reporting
- Managing company expenses and petty cash
- Manage and develop junior member of staff as the department expands
Experience & Knowledge;
- Previous experience in a varied accounts / bookkeeping role is essential
- Accustomed with all duties and responsibilities listed above
- Knowledge and understanding of an SME family run business
- Previous experience in a retail / ecommerce business would be highly desirable
- Experience using Sage 50 and good Microsoft Office skills
- AAT Level 3 would be preferred but not essential
- Payroll experience and knowledge of statutory requirements
- Accustomed in completing HMRC submissions
- Conscientious and high level of attention to detail
- Commercially astute and the desire to expand finance knowledge
- Able to recommend efficiency improvements in the department
- Supervisory experience would be desirable
Please apply with an up to date CV.
Key Appointments UK Ltd will assess your suitability for the role based on the information contained in your CV and application. This includes, skills, experience, education and location. We will confirm receipt of your application and we will be in touch should you be shortlisted to the next stage. Unfortunately, due to the high numbers of CV`s we receive, we are unable to give feedback on all applications.
- Team Administrator - Sherburn in Elmet £9.00 per hour. Read more...
- Bookkeeper / Accounts Manager - Shipley, Bradford £25k-£30k per annum, dependent on experience. Read more...
- Internal Sales Manager - Batley, West Yorkshire £25,000-£30,000 per annum dependent on experience + bonus. Read more...
- Vetting Administrator - Leeds, West Yorkshire £17,000-£18,000 per annum. Read more...
Receive all our latest news and updates
Latest from the blog
19th March 2019
The real reason you’re losing staff
It’s easy to think employees leave simply because... Read more
13th February 2019
How to conduct a role and skills audit
A role audit helps you understand whether you are... Read more
16th January 2019
How to retain or replace great employees
‘New year, new me,’ often leads to people evaluati... Read more