Purchasing Manager /Leeds
- £28,000-£32,000 per annum,
- Permanent, Full-time
We are recruiting for a Purchasing Manager to take ownership for the buying, purchasing and procurement function of this leading distribution business on Cross Green Industrial Estate in Leeds. As Purchasing Manager, you will liaise with existing suppliers, as well as having a strong focus on sourcing new suppliers and products in line with agreed strategic goals.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing and ambitious business where you will work as part of a small, friendly team and have the opportunity to progress in the role. You will be based in Leeds primarily, however there will be some travel within the UK as well as occasional overseas trips.
DETAILS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Full time / Permanent
- Location: Cross Green, Leeds (LS9)
- Salary: £28,000-£32,000 depending on previous purchasing experience
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
Initially, you will be involved with procuring stock from an established supplier base, but over time will be tasked with resourcing key existing lines and new products in line with market trends. Sourcing of new products will primarily focus on the Far East with guidance from the Directors, Commercial Manager and existing representative in China.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
You will ideally have previous experience of importing from the Far East, however candidates who have worked in a purchasing role with transferrable skills will be considered. It is essential that you have strong commercial acumen, good organisation skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, whilst maintaining attention to detail.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and maintain relationships with suppliers
- Source new products and suppliers, working to a brief from Directors and Sales Manager
- Procure products as required from approved suppliers
- Complete and raise purchase orders
- Communicate order status with other departments
- Ensure new suppliers are fully approved and set up
- Manage stock levels in line with the company stock objectives
- Proactively manage slow moving stock
- Monitor trends and buying patterns
- Resolve any delivery problems and order discrepancies
- Occasionally attend meetings with suppliers in the UK and overseas
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Previous purchasing experience is essential
- Good commercial acumen to be able to communicate with suppliers
- Experience of importing from the Far East would be an advantage
- Excellent communication skills both in writing and verbally
- Able to work in a fast-paced role whilst maintaining accuracy
- Analytical skills to review trends and buying patterns
- Excellent IT skills and experience of using a stock management system
- Driving licence is required
Please apply with a full up to date CV.
Key Appointments UK Ltd will assess your suitability for the role based on the information contained in your CV and application. This includes, skills, experience, education and location.
Unfortunately, due to the high numbers of CV`s we receive, unfortunately we are unable to respond all applications. If you have not heard from us within 10 working days of your application, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Key Appointments UK Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.
- Branch Manager - Banking / Financial Services - Bradford £30,000-£35,000 depending on experience. Read more...
- Office Manager - Leeds City Centre £25,000-£30,000 depending on experience. Read more...
- Sales & Purchasing Coordinator - Kirkstall, Leeds circa £20,000 per annum. Read more...
- Purchasing Manager - Leeds £28,000-£32,000 per annum. Read more...
- Sales Executive - Financial Sector - London up to £35k basic salary (circa £60k OTE). Read more...
Receive all our latest news and updates
Latest from the blog
13th December 2018
5 ways employees can boost your employer branding
Your employees are a key part of your employer bra... Read more
21st November 2018
Are your job adverts attracting the right candidates?
When you’re advertising a role, you’ll probably wa... Read more
29th October 2018
How to improve your employer branding
Why should people work for your company? What diff... Read more