Purchasing Planner /Bradford
- £25,000-£30,000 dependent on experience,
- Permanent, Full-time
We are looking for a Purchasing Planner in Bradford to manage the supply chain function from procurement, goods in, stock management, resource planning and supplier evaluation. This successful and growing engineering business is looking for a confident and process driven individual who is highly experienced in the purchasing field and from a manufacturing or engineering background.
The successful candidate will take full ownership for the purchasing function ensuring compliance with standards, controls, policies and guidelines and liaise with the wider management team to strategically manage materials and services.
You will be involved with reviewing existing systems and processes to achieve a smoother and more cohesive approach. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual who is looking for an autonomous role.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Liaise with key company employees to determine their product and service needs
- Negotiate best price for goods and services without sacrificing quality or delivery times
- Nurture relationships with suppliers
- Identify and research potential new suppliers
- Monthly reporting to senior management
- Monitor and maintain supplier and subcontractor approvals
- Prepare supplier agreements and confirm favourable terms of business
- Perform ongoing review of purchasing procedures
- Introduce, manage and control stock control system
- Responsible for stocktaking and control
- Support onsite works, taking responsibility for the materials and suppliers selected
- Proven experience in a purchasing role including inventory and supplier management
- Experience in the following sectors – manufacturing, engineering, construction
- CIPS Level 3 or above would be useful however not essential
- IT Literate – familiar with an electronic resource planning system (ERP) i.e. Synergist
- Ability to work on own initiative with minimum supervision
- Excellent communication, negotiation and decision-making skills
- Hands on capability with a strong and determined work ethic
- A team player who is adaptable, organised and professional
- Detail orientated, thorough and methodical
- Demonstrate authority, drive and strong commitment
- Excellent relationship building skills
Details of Employment
- Full time / Permanent
- Location: Thornton, Bradford (BD)
- Salary: £25,000-£30,000 depending experience
Please apply with an up to date CV.
Key Appointments UK Ltd will assess your suitability for the role based on the information contained in your CV and application. This includes, skills, experience, education and location.
By applying for this role, you give consent for your CV to be used in connection with this vacancy. Unfortunately, due to the high numbers of CV`s we receive, unfortunately we are unable to respond all applications. Should you not be shortlisted for this role, your CV and personal data will be deleted from our system after 90 days. We would however encourage you to continue to apply for future positions.
Key Appointments UK Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.
- Temporary Executive PA - 3 months - Sherburn in Elmet £15.00 per hour. Read more...
- Accounts Assistant - Kirkstall, Leeds circa £18,000 per annum, dependent on experience. Read more...
- Sales Executive - Financial Sector - London up to £35k basic salary (circa £60k OTE). Read more...
- Marketing & Communications Executive - Cleckheaton £23,000-£28,000 per annum, dependent on experience. Read more...
- Team Administrator - Sherburn in Elmet £16,000 - £20,000 dependent on expereince. Read more...
- Purchasing Planner - Bradford £25,000-£30,000 dependent on experience. Read more...
Receive all our latest news and updates
Latest from the blog
29th October 2018
How to improve your employer branding
Why should people work for your company? What diff... Read more
16th October 2018
Saying it by email: tips for effective written communication
How many times have you misinterpreted an email, t... Read more
19th September 2018
How to have difficult conversations with employees
Conversations about poor performance, job losses o... Read more