Receptionist / Bookkeeper /Leeds, West Yorkshire
- £20,000 - £22,000 dependent on experience,
- Permanent, Full-time
We are looking for a professional and friendly Receptionist/Bookkeeper for an independent family run Funeral Directors based in Leeds, West Yorkshire.
Being first point of contact, you will have an excellent telephone manner, professional interpersonal skills and be comfortable dealing with bereaved and upset people who, on occasion, may behave in an unpredictable manner.
As Receptionist/Bookkeeper, the ideal candidate will be adept at typing and talking simultaneously, have previous bookkeeping experience with a good working knowledge of Xero. They must have good verbal skills and take initiative where appropriate, to support a small driven team. A general knowledge of funeral directing or arranging is desirable but not essential, as training will be provided.
- Being the face of the company, greeting and making people feel comfortable in person and over the phone
- Deal with initial enquiries and arrange appointments
- To assist the funeral directing team, including typing and inputting funeral arrangements and contacting third parties when required
- Attend to the bookkeeping and prepare wages for the staff. Bank cheques and cash, input bills and send invoices
- The preferred person may on occasion be required to assist a funeral director in their duties, this may include contacting minister, crematorium, gravediggers etc.
- To assist with the arrangement of funerals and in time may assist by meeting families and talking through funeral options
- Any other administrative duties as required
Experience & Skills;
- Good IT skills a working knowledge of Google Apps for Business and Microsoft office, in particular Word, and Excel.
- Previous bookkeeping experience with a good working knowledge of using Xero software
- Experience in a reception or similar client facing role, would be an advantage
- Professional telephone skills and a confident, reassuring manner when dealing with clients
- Must have a good eye for detail
- You will be a team player with a willing and helpful attitude
- Reliability is essential
- Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire
- Salary: £20,000 - £22,000 dependent on experience
- Hours: Full-time – Monday to Friday
To apply for this role, please apply with an up to date CV detailing how your experience matches the requirement of the role.
Key Appointments UK Ltd will assess your suitability for the role based on the information contained in your CV and application. This includes, skills, experience, education and location.
Unfortunately, we are unable to provide specific feedback to applicants who are not successful. If you are not shortlisted for this role, your CV and personal data will be deleted from our system after 90 days. We would however encourage you to continue to apply for future positions.
Key Appointments UK Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.
- Customer Services Coordinator - Leeds £18,000 per annum. Read more...
- Account Manager - Market Research & Evaluation - Leeds £25,000-£30,000. Read more...
- Team Administrator - Sherburn in Elmet £20,000 per annum. Read more...
- Sales Coordinator - Cross Green, Leeds circa £20,000 per annum + £150 per month potential bonus. Read more...
- Sales Executive - Sheffield £20,000-£22,000 per annum + commission. Read more...
Receive all our latest news and updates
Latest from the blog
17th June 2019
10 ways to support healthy living in the workplace
Leading a healthy lifestyle is good for us mentall... Read more
17th June 2019
An Employment Lawyers View of Mental Health First Aiders
We have called upon Samira Cakali to be our guest... Read more
13th May 2019
Workplace stress and anxiety: what to look out for
In 2017, the prime minister commissioned an indepe... Read more