Senior Support Worker /Liverpool, Merseyside
- £9.00 per hour,
- Permanent, Full-time
We have a rare opportunity for an experienced Senior Support Worker for a specialist 57 bed Care Home in Liverpool, Merseyside.
As a Senior Support Worker, you will be responsible for running shifts as a first line manager whilst assisting in the care of all Service Users, subject to Company policies and agreed procedures and to participate in the provision of a high standard of care.
Previous experience working with people with addictions or mental health problems would be an advantage but not essential as full training will be given. The successful candidate must be willing to participate in the Key Worker Programme and be willing to undertake all mandatory and statutory training.
Main duties will include:
- Run a shift including allocating tasks to care/domestic staff. Respect the Service Users ensuring the strictest confidence at all times
- Work alongside Support Workers giving guidance on how we expect them to act / give care
- Provide assistance as directed by the Home Manager/person in charge with the day to day tasks including:
- Simple bed-making
- Serve meals, and prepare and serve beverages under the direction of the person in charge. Set tables and trays, feed Service Users who need help, prepare light meals, tidy and clear the Dining Room.
- Feed those Service Users who need assistance as directed by the person in charge.
- Weigh mobile Service Users.
- Assist person in charge with bathing or showering of Service Users.
- Assist in the care of incontinent Service Users
- Assist Service Users with toileting, e.g. sani-chair or commode, assist incontinent Service Users
- Report to person in charge abnormalities observed in urine, faeces and sputum
- Assist Service Users with dressing and undressing.
- Assist with care of hair, oral care, pressure areas and nails as requested.
- Assist the person in charge to admit and discharge Service Users, and clean bed to make ready for future use
- Maintain tidiness and cleanliness in all rooms, e.g. sluice, Service User’s rooms, communal areas, etc.
- Be aware of hazards in working environment to Service Users and staff and follow procedures on the same e.g. fire, health and safety, etc.
- Report any accidents or breakages to Service Users or staff to person in charge according to agreed procedure
- Observe and report to person in charge any changes behaviour
- Answer call bells, the door and telephone and greet visitors in a polite, friendly and professional manner
- Help to care for the needs of the dying
- Assist in the promotion of the physical, educational and psychological wellbeing
- Attend staff meetings as requested
Experience and skills required:
- To hold NVQ level 3 or be willing to study for this qualification.
- To undertake training which will keep the post holder aware of issues regarding the care of our Service Users
- An understanding of the Social Care Code of Conduct
- To demonstrate good communication skills
- Must be able to lead staff
- Salary: £9.00 per hour
- Location: Liverpool, Merseyside
- Hours: Full time, permanent
To apply for this role, please apply with an up to date CV detailing how your experience matches the requirement of the role.
Key Appointments UK Ltd will assess your suitability for the role based on the information contained in your CV and application. This includes, skills, experience, education and location.
Unfortunately, we are unable to provide specific feedback to applicants who are not successful. If you are not shortlisted for this role, your CV and personal data will be deleted from our system after 90 days. We would however encourage you to continue to apply for future positions.
Key Appointments UK Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.
- Branch Manager - Banking / Financial Services - Bradford £30,000-£35,000 depending on experience. Read more...
- Office Manager - Leeds City Centre £25,000-£30,000 depending on experience. Read more...
- Sales & Purchasing Coordinator - Kirkstall, Leeds circa £20,000 per annum. Read more...
- Purchasing Manager - Leeds £28,000-£32,000 per annum. Read more...
- Sales Executive - Financial Sector - London up to £35k basic salary (circa £60k OTE). Read more...
Receive all our latest news and updates
Latest from the blog
13th December 2018
5 ways employees can boost your employer branding
Your employees are a key part of your employer bra... Read more
21st November 2018
Are your job adverts attracting the right candidates?
When you’re advertising a role, you’ll probably wa... Read more
29th October 2018
How to improve your employer branding
Why should people work for your company? What diff... Read more