Service Delivery Engineer /York , North Yorkshire
- £22,000 - £26,000 per annum,
Service Delivery Engineer reporting to Service Delivery Manager.
Based in York, your role as a Service Delivery Engineer will be to install and provision a range of connectivity services including Broadband, Leased Line and fibre-to-the-premises as well as hosted services such as VoIP and Wifi. As a Service Delivery Engineer, you’ll also maintain connectivity services, hosted platforms, providing event, incident and problem resolution within established SLA’s.
This Internet Service Provider serves an expanding list of impressive businesses and organisations as well as business parks and multi-occupancy buildings across Yorkshire and beyond. The company mission is to make business better by delivering excellence in internet connectivity, networked, hosted and managed solutions.
They achieve this with talented individuals who know the power of working together and are committed to continual improvement to benefit both their customers and their flexible team. To join their impressive team, they are looking for individuals who take responsibility, are positive, enjoy ‘mucking in’, and like to have fun while consistently delivering to a high standard.
Salary: £22,000 - £26,000, depending on experience
Hours: 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday with one-hour lunch break.
They operate an out of hours on-call rota, based on 1-week-in-4, an additional allowance is paid for this. A Full UK driving license is required.
As well as working with an amazing team, in an organisation that continues to grow year on year, we offer an increasing list of benefits including: On-call allowance, 30 days holiday, plus 3 days paid Christmas closure, pension, training opportunities, health scheme, Cycle to Work scheme, discounted bus travel and more.
• Delivering a first rate service in line with our mission and values.
• Working in line with company policies and health & safety procedures.
• Supporting the company’s commitment to continual improvement.
• Manage service delivery, events, incidents and problems in an organised, methodical, timely manner
• Conduct and record full and thorough diagnostics to enable resolution within SLA
• Escalate to relevant internal or external teams, as appropriate to enable resolution within SLA
• To communicate information in a clear, accurate and professional manner both orally and in writing.
• Identify and escalate repeat issues or service risks into service management teams
• Manage a number of scheduled tasks to ensure maximum operational efficiency, with a high level of quality and due care
• Complete process, service completion/handover documentation, as required
• Maintain and develop own knowledge and skills.
• Build effective relationship within the organisation to ensure best service for our customers.
• Out-of-hours and scheduled on-call work to the same standard.
The list is subject to change in accordance with the needs of the business.
Essential experience and skills required;
• Must be able to demonstrate a high degree of technical knowledge of network topology including LAN / WAN / VLAN principles
• An understanding of leased line, copper and fibre broadband
• Working experience of router and Firewall technology
• Cisco switches working knowledge
• A Full UK driving license is required
Desirable experience and knowledge;
• Voice over IP (VoIP)
• Core IP, transit, access layer
• GPON, SLU, LLU
• Hosted solutions, AWS
• Cisco, Juniper experience
To apply for this role, please apply with an up to date CV detailing how your experience matches the requirement of the role.
Key Appointments UK Ltd will assess your suitability for the role based on the information contained in your CV and application. This includes, skills, experience, education and location.
Unfortunately, we are unable to provide specific feedback to applicants who are not successful. If you are not shortlisted for this role, your CV and personal data will be deleted from our system after 90 days. We would however encourage you to continue to apply for future positions.
Key Appointments UK Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.
- Branch Manager - Banking / Financial Services - Bradford £30,000-£35,000 depending on experience. Read more...
- Office Manager - Leeds City Centre £25,000-£30,000 depending on experience. Read more...
- Sales & Purchasing Coordinator - Kirkstall, Leeds circa £20,000 per annum. Read more...
- Purchasing Manager - Leeds £28,000-£32,000 per annum. Read more...
- Sales Executive - Financial Sector - London up to £35k basic salary (circa £60k OTE). Read more...
Receive all our latest news and updates
Latest from the blog
13th December 2018
5 ways employees can boost your employer branding
Your employees are a key part of your employer bra... Read more
21st November 2018
Are your job adverts attracting the right candidates?
When you’re advertising a role, you’ll probably wa... Read more
29th October 2018
How to improve your employer branding
Why should people work for your company? What diff... Read more