Chemical Operative /Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire
- Competitive Salary,
- Permanent, Full-time
This leading multinational Chemical Manufacturing business is looking to recruit a Chemical Operative to join their Operations Team at their Chemical Manufacturing Plant in Middlesbrough.
As Chemical Operative, you will join a business that provides their customers with a world-class service and offers advice on creating chemical products to their specific requirements. As a Chemical Operative, you will provide effective support to the team leaders and managers in achieving all operational measures and targets. The Company is looking for a friendly, enthusiastic Chemical Operative with a can-do attitude.
This is a very exciting opportunity to join a growing, multinational company leading the charge in the chemical industry.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure Compliance to the highest standards of Health, Safety, and Environmental performance across the site manufacturing areas. This will include COSHH procedures consistent with regulations and company policy.
- Deliver finished goods from the production line to the warehouse efficiently as per the site procedures and production schedules.
- Use process knowledge and competence to ensure production and quality are delivered effectively.
- Assist in the manufacture, packing labelling and despatch of products and blends.
- Assist in ensuring that the production plan is on track, tackling issues as they arise and reporting and managing any non-conformance and the reasons why in a timely fashion.
- Ensure all tasks are undertaken in accordance with the relevant procedures.
- Handling of empty packaging and hazardous/non-hazardous product in the form of bulk tankers and packed goods.
- Follow recipes for blending of material
- Fill drums and IBC containers using static pump and meter.
- You will be responsible for product storage ensuring compliance with H&S regulations at all times.
- You will promote product integrity and security.
- You will be responsible for loading and offloading road Barrels
- You will be fully conversant with and take responsibility for those sections of our Integrated Management System in which you are involved.
- You will Participate in training programmes and initiative as required to perform your duties to the required level of competence.
- Any other relevant duties as reasonably required by the business.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE
- A Counter balance forklift truck licence would be desirable
- Ability to follow standard operating procedures
- Previous experience in using static pumps and meters for the transfer of product would be beneficial
- NVQ2 or above in chemical process operations would be an advantage
- A safety qualification gained in your relevant field would be beneficial
- Must be a problem solver and motivator
- Must have the ability to work under pressure and meet exacting deadlines
- Be self-motivated and enthusiastic with a “can-do” attitude
- Have the ability to work as an individual but also within a production team
- Must be professional, efficient, flexible, patient, punctual and pro-active
- Lead by example in setting a safe culture in the workplace and maintaining high standards
- Takes ownership of actions and responsibilities
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Salary: Competitive salary
- Location: Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire
- Permanent, Full Time 7am to 4pm mon-fri, though additional hours may be required as per the needs of the business
To apply for this role, please apply with an up to date CV detailing how your experience matches the requirement of the role.
Key Appointments UK Ltd will assess your suitability for the role based on the information contained in your CV and application. This includes, skills, experience, education and location.
Unfortunately, we are unable to provide specific feedback to applicants who are not successful. If you are not shortlisted for this role, your CV and personal data will be deleted from our system after 90 days. We would however encourage you to continue to apply for future positions.
Key Appointments UK Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.
- Customer Services Coordinator - Leeds £18,000 per annum. Read more...
- Account Manager - Market Research & Evaluation - Leeds £25,000-£30,000. Read more...
- Team Administrator - Sherburn in Elmet £20,000 per annum. Read more...
- Sales Coordinator - Cross Green, Leeds circa £20,000 per annum + £150 per month potential bonus. Read more...
- Sales Executive - Sheffield £20,000-£22,000 per annum + commission. Read more...
Receive all our latest news and updates
Latest from the blog
17th June 2019
10 ways to support healthy living in the workplace
Leading a healthy lifestyle is good for us mentall... Read more
17th June 2019
An Employment Lawyers View of Mental Health First Aiders
We have called upon Samira Cakali to be our guest... Read more
13th May 2019
Workplace stress and anxiety: what to look out for
In 2017, the prime minister commissioned an indepe... Read more