Financial Adviser /North Leeds
- £22,000 - £30,000 dependent on experience,
- Permanent, Full-time
We have a career opportunity for a Financial Adviser or Financial Services Administrator / Paraplanner (who is looking to progress to become a qualified IFA) for a new Financial Practice based within an Accountancy Practice in North Leeds.
Applicants will need to have previous experience in Financial Services and either have the Level 4 CII/PFS Diploma in Financial Planning or be studying towards the Diploma and want to become a qualified Financial Adviser within a couple of years.
Working within a small business requires an individual who is a team player and is happy to pick up other duties as and when required. In particular, the applicant will be required to assist in the practice with personal tax returns during busy times and also support the accountancy staff with accounting tasks and company secretarial duties (e.g. preparing and filing Confirmation Statements, etc.)
The role requires an individual who takes ownership over their own workload, is highly customer focused and is willing to put the effort in to study and qualify as an IFA / Financial Planner. You will be supported by a Director who is a highly qualified and experienced Financial Planner and will be on hand to help guide and advise on dealing with clients along with helping you to qualify and to achieve your career and personal goals.
- Permanent – Full-time
- £22k - £30k dependent on experience / qualifications
- Potential to work from home on occasion
- Ensure all clients are treated fairly and in line with the company procedures
- Build client relationships through the Financial Planning process, ensuring the focus is on the client’s attitude, objectives and goals.
- Act in a professional and ethical way in all your dealings with both clients and colleagues.
- Liaise and work with accountancy staff to help them identify opportunities
- Attend networking events and build relationships with key referral partners to grow client base
- Provide technical support to include fund/provider research
- Prepare suitability letters in accordance with the agreed recommendations
- Complete application / proposals forms
- Liaise regularly with providers and clients and assist with Tax Returns
- Ensure compliance requirements are satisfied adequately
The successful candidate must have;
Good administration skills and a working knowledge of Financial Services terminology and products expected.
- Ideally a Certificate in Financial Administration and Planning (CeFAP®) and/or Diploma level 4 qualified or studying towards
- Good understanding of financial planning process
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build effective relationships with clients
- Driving Licence and Own Transport
- Ability to prioritise, meet deadlines and work within defined business processes
- Ability to achieve agreed outcomes without supervision
- Good IT skills in Microsoft Office and database systems
- Ability to work independently and in a team
To apply for this role, please apply with an up to date CV detailing how your experience matches the requirement of the role.
Key Appointments UK Ltd will assess your suitability for the role based on the information contained in your CV and application. This includes, skills, experience, education and location.
Unfortunately, we are unable to provide specific feedback to applicants who are not successful. If you are not shortlisted for this role, your CV and personal data will be deleted from our system after 90 days. We would however encourage you to continue to apply for future positions.
Key Appointments UK Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.
- Import & Procurement Administrator - Leeds £20,000-£22,000 per annum, dependent on experience. Read more...
- Purchasing & Accounts Administrator - Bradford £22,000-£25,000 per annum. Read more...
- Administrator - Pudsey, Leeds £17k-£20k pro-rata, dependent on experience. Read more...
- Financial Adviser - North Leeds £22,000 - £30,000 dependent on experience. Read more...
Receive all our latest news and updates
Latest from the blog
23rd January 2020
Recruiting in a Candidate Shortage Market
In recent years, many companies have been finding... Read more
17th December 2019
Are you creating a positive company culture?
One of the biggest reasons that employees leave a... Read more
9th December 2019
Are your employees stressed?
Stress-related absences are becoming increasingly... Read more