WordPress Web Developer /Birstall, West Yorkshire
- £22,000-£30,000 dependent on experience,
- Permanent, Full-time
This ambitious Leeds based Digital Marketing Agency are expanding and now require a WordPress Developer join the team at their office based in Birstall, West Yorkshire (due to move to Leeds within the next 6 months).
As a WordPress Developer, you will be passionate about writing clean, reusable code, and pushing yourself to develop your coding skills, efficiency and quality.
Qualifications and experience are less important than your technical ability and personality, if you can do the job and you share our values, then we’d love to hear from you.
We believe that by going the extra mile for our colleagues and clients, we will grow as an agency, and it’s worked very well so far. We value hard work, teamwork, creativity and a passion for what we do – do you share our values?
You will utilise your excellent WordPress abilities to create beautiful, functional and affordable website for clients. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Developing Websites for clients using existing themes built for WordPress
- Liaising with clients if required on content and assets
- Maintaining and improving the website solution by developing new themes and features
- Co-ordinating with the internal teams to ensure deadlines are met
- Updating and maintaining existing client websites on a monthly basis where the client subscribes to this service
- Working with clients to make suggestions to the design and content of their website
- Identifying potential issues before they occur or troubleshooting
- Supporting client websites and marketing them by working with the internal team to raise the profile of client websites
- Taking time to keep your technical knowledge up to date. Learning, assessing and evaluating new technologies relevant to our business.
- Spotting opportunities to add value to clients and recommending our other services where appropriate
- Ensure that our clients understand technical information relevant to them by communicating it in a way they can easily understand
- Demonstrating our values and behaviours
- Supporting the business with other ad hoc projects as and when required
Skills and Experience:
- Strong WordPress ability
- Strong HTML, CSS (Sass) ability
- Experience of PHP and other server-side code
- Ability with Adobe Suite and/or Affinity
- Strong demonstrable experience in website optimisation, compatibility and accessibility
- Experience of interacting professionally with a diverse range of clients and colleagues
- Knowledge of NodeJS / React / Vue would be beneficial
- Ecommerce and Laravel experience would be desirable
- Will ideally have progressive Web App development experience
- Version Control ( Git / Bitbucket / Sourcetree ) would also be beneficial
- Location: Birstall, West Yorkshire (Due to move to Leeds within 6 months)
- Salary: £22,000-£30,000 dependent on experience
- Hours: Permanent, Full-time
- Benefits: Free parking, flexible working hours, Company health and pension scheme, Monthly office fuddle, Monthly Superstar award, Bi-monthly after-work activities, quarterly away days, Summer and Christmas ‘do’.
We started developing and marketing websites in 2007, so we’ve been around a bit.
We’ve grown organically for over 10 years and now we’re ramping things up. We’re winning lots of new clients and need to expand our team by recruiting like-minded individuals to further our cause.
We provide websites of all levels, from start-up through to huge bespoke systems for global PLC’s and everything in between.
All colleagues benefit from on-boarding, mentoring and quarterly reviews. We provide a performance management framework that is transparent and goal driven. We ensure everyone knows what they need to do to progress and that we provide the resources to facilitate this.
We’ll invest in your health and wellbeing at work and continuously monitor the office vibe, a happy place is a productive place!
To apply for this role, please apply with an up to date CV detailing how your experience matches the requirement of the role.
Key Appointments UK Ltd will assess your suitability for the role based on the information contained in your CV and application. This includes, skills, experience, education and location.
Unfortunately, we are unable to provide specific feedback to applicants who are not successful. If you are not shortlisted for this role, your CV and personal data will be deleted from our system after 90 days. We would however encourage you to continue to apply for future positions.
Key Appointments UK Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.
- Bookkeeper / Accounts Manager - Shipley, Bradford £25k-£30k per annum, dependent on experience. Read more...
- Warehouse Manager - Batley, West Yorkshire £25,000_£30,000 per annum dependent on experience. Read more...
- Internal Sales Manager - Batley, West Yorkshire £25,000-£30,000 per annum dependent on experience + bonus. Read more...
- Vetting Administrator - Leeds, West Yorkshire £17,000-£18,000 per annum. Read more...
- Mortgage Advisor - Calverley, West Yorkshire £25,000 - £35,000 OTE £50,000 based on performance. Read more...
Receive all our latest news and updates
Latest from the blog
13th February 2019
How to conduct a role and skills audit
A role audit helps you understand whether you are... Read more
16th January 2019
How to retain or replace great employees
‘New year, new me,’ often leads to people evaluati... Read more
13th December 2018
5 ways employees can boost your employer branding
Your employees are a key part of your employer bra... Read more