Accounts Assistant /Kirkstall, Leeds
- circa £18,000 per annum, dependent on experience,
- Permanent, Full-time
This is an exciting opportunity for an Accounts Assistant to join a growing company in Kirkstall, Leeds. The role is primarily focused on sales ledger and credit control however will also include completing compliance duties for the business and providing general office support and carrying out various administration duties.
We are ideally looking for an individual who has an all-round knowledge of accounts. You will be confident in dealing with customers over the telephone in relation to credit control matters. This is a small team, so you will be a team player and be happy to support other areas of the business when needed.
- Salary: circa £18,000
- Full-time / Permanent
- Mon-Fri / 9am-5pm
Responsibilities will include;
- Updating of sales ledger analysis, raising and posting sales invoices
- Checking and issuing credit notes and document the action log updates
- Credit control – including chasing payments (liaising with customers), receipt of payments, credit limits/reports for both new and existing customers etc.
- Issuing of monthly customer statements
- Timely and accurate filing of all support documentation
- Assisting with purchase ledger, posting purchase invoices onto Sage 200 and checking against purchase orders
- Liaising with warehouse over invoice/POD queries and reconciling statements
- ISO Quality Assistance – internal audits and document control
- Packaging & Waste Regulations – data submissions
- Intrastat – preparation of declarations
- Provide back up for month end procedures and supplier payments
- Back up to the office staff as required including filing and ordering office supplies
You will need to have;
- Previous experience in a finance / analytical role is essential
- You will have knowledge in all areas of finance
- Ideally you will have experience of credit control
- You will be a team player and be happy working in a small team
- Great attention to detail is required along with excellent communication skills
- You will be confident and assertive and have a proactive approach to your work
- Competent IT skills in Microsoft Office packages and Accounting software
Please apply with an up to date CV which includes relevant experience.
Key Appointments UK Ltd will assess your suitability for the role based on the information contained in your CV and application. This includes, skills, experience, education and location.
Unfortunately, due to the high numbers of CV`s we receive, unfortunately we are unable to respond all applications. If you have not heard from us within 10 working days of your application, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Key Appointments UK Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.
- Temporary Executive PA - 3 months - Sherburn in Elmet £15.00 per hour. Read more...
- Accounts Assistant - Kirkstall, Leeds circa £18,000 per annum, dependent on experience. Read more...
- Sales Executive - Financial Sector - London up to £35k basic salary (circa £60k OTE). Read more...
- Marketing & Communications Executive - Cleckheaton £23,000-£28,000 per annum, dependent on experience. Read more...
- Team Administrator - Sherburn in Elmet £16,000 - £20,000 dependent on expereince. Read more...
- Purchasing Planner - Bradford £25,000-£30,000 dependent on experience. Read more...
Receive all our latest news and updates
Latest from the blog
29th October 2018
How to improve your employer branding
Why should people work for your company? What diff... Read more
16th October 2018
Saying it by email: tips for effective written communication
How many times have you misinterpreted an email, t... Read more
19th September 2018
How to have difficult conversations with employees
Conversations about poor performance, job losses o... Read more