Sewing Machinist /Baildon, West Yorkshire
- Salary: £7.83 per hour, increasing as progression is achieved,
- Permanent, Full-time
We are looking for a Sewing Machinist for a company based in Baildon, West Yorkshire who manufacture, supply and install textile products including boat covers, shade sails, upholstery and canopies to both individual and trade clients.
No experience is necessary as full training will be given but you should be willing to learn new skills, have good attention to detail, be able to manage your own work load, and have the ability to work as part of a team. Reliability, flexibility, good time keeping, positive attitude and a good work ethic are essential. Good spoken English is essential.
This is a very supportive environment and allows individuals with the above skills to demonstrate the work ethic. This is an excellent opportunity to work for a thriving employer who values and develops its employees.
- Maintains company reputation for manufacturing products of high standards of functionality and beauty by stitching and welding together fabrics in accordance with company procedures.
- Maintains good workshop practices by ensuring a safe, clean, tidy, hazard-free working environment, ensuring that at all times compliance of the Company’s Health and Safety Policy is adhered to.
- Helps create workshop policies by giving management accurate timings and participating in procedure refinement sessions.
- Ensures efficiency and effectiveness by performing routine maintenance on machines and equipment.
- Communicates any relevant ideas, designs, improvements, developments and discoveries to management.
- Helps with the training of others by mentoring, sharing knowledge and skills, and providing assessment of others progress.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Lifting and carrying short distances of moderate to heavy weights
- Exposure to sharp tools, moderate noise.
- Manual and finger dexterity
- Near Vision and Visual Colour Discrimination
- Control of machinery using feet
- Full time position: 40 hours per week
- Monday to Friday, 8.00am to 4.00pm 2 x 15 minute breaks and ½ hour lunch
- Based - Baildon, Bradford, West Yorkshire
- £7.83 per hour, increasing as progression is achieved
To apply for this role, please apply with an up to date CV detailing how your experience matches the requirement of the role.
Key Appointments UK Ltd will assess your suitability for the role based on the information contained in your CV and application. This includes, skills, experience, education and location.
Unfortunately, we are unable to provide specific feedback to applicants who are not successful. If you are not shortlisted for this role, your CV and personal data will be deleted from our system after 90 days. We would however encourage you to continue to apply for future positions.
Key Appointments UK Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.
- Team Administrator - Sherburn in Elmet £9.00 per hour. Read more...
- Bookkeeper / Accounts Manager - Shipley, Bradford £25k-£30k per annum, dependent on experience. Read more...
- Internal Sales Manager - Batley, West Yorkshire £25,000-£30,000 per annum dependent on experience + bonus. Read more...
- Vetting Administrator - Leeds, West Yorkshire £17,000-£18,000 per annum. Read more...
Receive all our latest news and updates
Latest from the blog
19th March 2019
The real reason you’re losing staff
It’s easy to think employees leave simply because... Read more
13th February 2019
How to conduct a role and skills audit
A role audit helps you understand whether you are... Read more
16th January 2019
How to retain or replace great employees
‘New year, new me,’ often leads to people evaluati... Read more