Keep up to date /
Can part time or voluntary work really help you land a permanent job?
Posted in Candidates on Jan 13, 2013 by Rejuvenate Productions
It’s a hard decision to make, do you stay at home searching for your ideal job or should you take even temporary or contract jobs as a route back into long term employment?
Depending on your personal circumstances, you should certainly look at all the available options when searching for a new job. Holding out for your “ideal” job for an extended period of time, could find you freezing yourself out of the employment market.
Regardless of hypothetical employment stimulus plans, it is wise to consider all types of employment during your job search.
Not just permanent jobs but short-term, temporary, contract, interim, and even part-time jobs are valuable opportunities. You can continue your job search whilst working but you will have the added benefit of gaining further experience and perhaps even new skills which could change your career path in an unexpected way.
An interim or temporary position allows you to make new contacts and will give both you and the employer an opportunity to size each other up with the possibility of a permanent position later and if you don’t feel the role is right for you, you will still have gained valuable experience.
- Temporary Executive PA - 3 months - Sherburn in Elmet £15.00 per hour. Read more...
- Accounts Assistant - Kirkstall, Leeds circa £18,000 per annum, dependent on experience. Read more...
- Sales Executive - Financial Sector - London up to £35k basic salary (circa £60k OTE). Read more...
- Marketing & Communications Executive - Cleckheaton £23,000-£28,000 per annum, dependent on experience. Read more...
- Team Administrator - Sherburn in Elmet £16,000 - £20,000 dependent on expereince. Read more...
- Purchasing Planner - Bradford £25,000-£30,000 dependent on experience. Read more...
Receive all our latest news and updates
Latest from the blog
29th October 2018
How to improve your employer branding
Why should people work for your company? What diff... Read more
16th October 2018
Saying it by email: tips for effective written communication
How many times have you misinterpreted an email, t... Read more
19th September 2018
How to have difficult conversations with employees
Conversations about poor performance, job losses o... Read more