Keep up to date /
How to Advance your Career...
Posted in Candidates on Jul 17, 2012 by Rejuvenate Productions
The following Top Tips should help you on your way to paving out your career in the right direction;
Act like it’s your first day
- Every day! Remember on your first day, your shoes were polished, your clothes were ironed the night before? Continue to stand out from the crowd, make an impression.
Dress for the job you want, not for the one you’re in!
Be a team player
- Strive to achieve results. If something needs doing, do it without being asked. Don’t forget to complete your own tasks but be helpful to others around you.
Remember, an attitude of “it’s not in my job description” won’t get you anywhere.
Create a positive environment
- Make others want to be around you – be positive, approach challenges with enthusiasm and determination.
Don’t be a “BMW” (Bitcher, Winger, Moaner) - People will start avoiding you!
- Get to know everyone in the company – how can you help them have a better day? Make sure your Friends and Family know what your career ambitions are. Do they have connections that could help you?
Ask “How can I help you?” – If you help people, they just might help you in return.
Be Committed, Reliable & Dependable
- No matter what task you undertake, do it well and to the best of your ability. Don’t let people down, whether in your work life or personal life.
If you can’t be relied upon, you will be missing out on opportunities.
Don’t stop learning
- Your current employer may not be able to provide training to help you get where you want. Don’t wait for things to happen – be proactive! What can you do to “up skill?” - read relative books, take an evening class or undertake an online course.
The more you help yourself, the more you will be noticed for being passionate about achieving your goals.
- When the perfect position comes along but it’s paying less than you would have hoped or has less holiday days than you currently get, do you go for it??
Don’t be short sighted – think longer term. Negotiate your package but don’t turn a great opportunity down on a small detail.
If you would like would like further advice with your Career, we are more than happy to help. Please contact us either via phone on 0844 504 4666 or by email at email@example.com
- Branch Manager - Banking / Financial Services - Bradford £30,000-£35,000 depending on experience. Read more...
- Office Manager - Leeds City Centre £25,000-£30,000 depending on experience. Read more...
- Sales & Purchasing Coordinator - Kirkstall, Leeds circa £20,000 per annum. Read more...
- Purchasing Manager - Leeds £28,000-£32,000 per annum. Read more...
- Sales Executive - Financial Sector - London up to £35k basic salary (circa £60k OTE). Read more...
Receive all our latest news and updates
Latest from the blog
13th December 2018
5 ways employees can boost your employer branding
Your employees are a key part of your employer bra... Read more
21st November 2018
Are your job adverts attracting the right candidates?
When you’re advertising a role, you’ll probably wa... Read more
29th October 2018
How to improve your employer branding
Why should people work for your company? What diff... Read more