Keep up to date /
Staying on Top
Posted in Employers on Nov 11, 2012 by Rejuvenate Productions
You’ve got a great team and your’ at the top of your game, so how do you stay that way?
A successful and dynamic workforce is a happy workforce. The best way of maintaining employee engagement and successfully retaining your staff is by investing in them.
This doesn’t mean spending thousands of pounds on psychobabble feel good courses or generic customer service courses. With a bit of forethought you can develop a training and development plan with real impact that will benefit your business and your staff.
The CEDEFOP (European Centre for the Development of Vocational Training) released a report into skill obsolescence earlier this year which highlighted this across all employee levels “those without opportunity to develop their skills throughout their careers are most at risk of skill obsolescence, but even highly-skilled workers are not immune.”
Yearly employee reviews supply the perfect opportunity to assess how your staff are developing and what their untapped strengths are. By asking the right questions you may just find that your employee has been developing their language skills or IT skills outside of work. You may discover that with an IT course they could take on more responsibilities and free other employees to develop the business further.
Understanding your employee’s is equally as important and intrinsically linked to maintaining a successful business. When you next conduct your employee reviews consider what you don’t know about the person sat in front of you, and what they might just be capable of with a little investment.
- Temporary Executive PA - 3 months - Sherburn in Elmet £15.00 per hour. Read more...
- Accounts Assistant - Kirkstall, Leeds circa £18,000 per annum, dependent on experience. Read more...
- Sales Executive - Financial Sector - London up to £35k basic salary (circa £60k OTE). Read more...
- Marketing & Communications Executive - Cleckheaton £23,000-£28,000 per annum, dependent on experience. Read more...
- Team Administrator - Sherburn in Elmet £16,000 - £20,000 dependent on expereince. Read more...
- Purchasing Planner - Bradford £25,000-£30,000 dependent on experience. Read more...
Receive all our latest news and updates
Latest from the blog
29th October 2018
How to improve your employer branding
Why should people work for your company? What diff... Read more
16th October 2018
Saying it by email: tips for effective written communication
How many times have you misinterpreted an email, t... Read more
19th September 2018
How to have difficult conversations with employees
Conversations about poor performance, job losses o... Read more